Category: Supported Living
POSITION TITLE: Nurse – St. Louis Missouri
REPORTS TO: Director of Supported Living
SUPERVISES: No Direct Supervisory Responsibility
To coordinate health services for the Supported Living sites and Group Home, provide staff training and direct intervention to meet the health care needs of the clients in Residential Services.
1. Provide nursing coordination for clients that will best meet their health care needs through periodic home visits.
2. Function as liaison and advocate for the clients when dealing with physicians, psychiatrists and consultants.
3. Provide medication training and on-going health care training to Benchmark Human Services staff.
4. Implement and train employees on new and revised health related policies and procedures in a timely manner.
5. Participate in regular pharmacy reviews with the consulting pharmacist and follow up as needed.
Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly paperwork as required.
7. Respond to emergency medical situations in a timely manner.
8. Monitor client’s medical file to ensure that all documentation is present and correct.
9. Write prior approvals and assist physicians in the approval process.
10. Participate in departmental meetings, the PCP meeting, and other meetings as assigned.
11. Order competitively priced medical supplies.
Perform initial and annual nursing assessments for all clients.
Attend the Benchmark Human Services quarterly Nurse Meeting.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve.
1. Valid MO Registered Nurse License
2. Valid Community Nursing Certification or agrees to receive certification within 1 month.
3. Certifications to administer Mantoux testing.
4. Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness. Experience in community nursing.
Valid Drivers License