Category: Group Homes
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, become a nurse at Benchmark Human Services. Expect thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
Benchmark Human Services is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) for our group homes located in Southern New Jersey. We currently have a full-time position available:
Sunday – Thursday 2nd shift afternoon / evenings 2:00pm-10:00pm
The Registered Nurse will coordinate health services and provide direct intervention to meet the health care needs of the individuals served in Residential Services in a community residence.
- Participates in direct service for each individual served as well as provide nursing coordination for individuals served that meets their health care needs.
- Function as a liaison and advocate for the individuals served when dealing with physicians, psychiatrists and consultants as needed.
- Ensures proper medication/treatment administration and assists in meeting the individual’s health care needs.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly paperwork of individuals served health care needs as required by Benchmark and state and federal regulations.
- Responds appropriately and promptly medical situations.
- Completion of documentation of individuals served to ensure that all documentation is present and correct per Benchmark and state and federal regulations.
- Participate in the Behavior Management Meetings, Human Rights Meetings, IHP meetings and other meetings as assigned.
8.Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff/individuals we serve.
- Assist the person served in accessing community resources, shopping, and recreational activities.
- Assist the person served to acquire, retain or improve skills as identified in the IHP/ELP.
- Ensure the health, safety and respect of individuals served
- Report to work as scheduled.
- Administer medication as is needed.
- RN; Valid professional license
- Experience in community nursing preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Drivers License valid in the State of New Jersey
- Valid Auto Insurance
- Flexibility is required.