Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Family Preservation
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Benchmark has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services and day services. Our Family Preservation program provides short-term, family focused services designed to assist families in crisis by improving parenting and family function, while keeping children safe.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for auditing, billing, and completing documentation in compliance with service standards. This position is a Full-Time position with hours as 8:00am to 4:30pm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacting families as needed
- Create, maintain, and close excel spreadsheets
- Assist with and perform administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to filing, copying, faxing, shredding, typing, distributing mail, and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Coordinate order of office supplies and servicing of equipment.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interact with staff and families with professionalism
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task are musts
- Competitive salary
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Perks Access discount program
- Voluntary benefits including disability and short term disability
- Prior office administration or secretarial experience
- Experience working closely with Department of Child Services is a plus
- Experience with Excel (collecting data, sorting, creating spreadsheets, etc.)
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.