Location: Dalton, GA
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services and day services. Our Georgia Region 1 Crisis Response program is recruiting for a Paraprofessional.
Provide crisis support services to individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis or are in a situation likely to turn into a behavior health crisis if supportive services are not provided. Must be willing to flex schedule according to the needs of the individual and blended mobile crisis.
Comply with all standards to ensure the health, safety and respect of consumers we serve
Act as a member of the blended mobile crisis as scheduled and needed
Provide crisis follow-up services within 24 hours of crisis disposition
Complete face-to-face follow-up with individuals, as assigned, after crisis response
Ensure individuals are linked with appropriate follow-up psychiatric, social, and or medical services prior to final follow-up
Complete documentation as required by Benchmark Human Services and state and federal regulations
Assist in the completion of safety plans, as directed by the clinician
Attend community partner meetings in the region, and provides education regarding blended mobile crisis.
Attend all scheduled training and staff meetings
Assist with crisis response as required, including face-to-face response within an average of 60 minutes
Complete all necessary documentation in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
1. Must have high school diploma or GED
2. Experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. Completion of Standardized Paraprofessional Training Requirements (Essential Learning)
1. Some college preferred.
2. Five years experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis.
If interested please complete on-line application: www.BenchmarkHS/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.