CT Occupational Therapist (OT)
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Conducts evaluations and assessments, participates in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and implementation, monitors outcomes as a member of the team, and provides EI supports to families for the benefit of the child.
This could be a part-time or full-time position to address functional needs of the child in various developmental domains, particularly related to adaptive development, behavior and play, and sensory, motor and postural development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Connecticut Birth to Three Program Regulations.
- Administer evaluations and assessments.
- Develop rapport with children, families, and team members to promote a healthy learning environment.
- Develop joint plan with family and recommend strategies utilizing evidence-based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices.
- Implement IFSP for enrolled families and recommend frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns.
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development.
- Utilize the coaching model and natural environment teaching.
- Participate in Birth to Three sponsored trainings, meetings and learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Complete Birth to Three Service Coordinator Modules and function as the Service Coordinator.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and individuals we serve.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent organization and time management skills. Strong communication skills. Respectful to others and ability to collaborate well with team. Knowledge of Connecticut’s Birth to Three early intervention program and best practices for early intervention service delivery
- Possess a valid Occupational Therapy license in the state of CT.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license
- Confident in adapting to various learning styles to meet the needs of each child and their individualized treatment plan
- One year of experience working with children in early intervention.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Natural Learning Environment Practices.
If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers. Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.