Industrial Operations Production Mentor
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Industrial Operations
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
At Benchmark Human Services we help support people throughout life, from infancy to elder years. Our team serves more than 10,000 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health.
In a supportive role, the Production Mentor will model good work methods and behavior as well as support overall production outputs. Production Mentor will work alongside individuals with various abilities and provide support and coaching in addition to demonstrating good work habits. Be a positive role model.
- Follow ISO 9001 operator work instructions on all assigned Industrial Operation customers and offer recommendations on process improvements.
- Help maintain good production flow through the workshop to meet customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Perform production and material handling duties to include, but not limited to:
- Assembly and packaging of finished goods
- Quality inspection
- Wrapping of pallets
- Labeling cases/pallets
- Inventory of materials and finished goods
- Reorganizing materials for production
- Work with Team Leads in job set-ups and client training as needed
- Maintain good housekeeping on the production floor
- May be asked to assist in assigning individuals with necessary work tools, supplies, and operator work instructions.
- Under the supervision of a Team Leader or Supervisor, may assist individuals throughout the work day with job training, meal prep, and rest room as needed.
- Will model good work habits including achieving daily production goals, reporting to work station on time at the start of the day, after breaks and after lunch, and staying on task.
- Document daily production information as necessary for reporting to the Focus Area Manager.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to perform inventory counting and recording.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Prefer experience in training and/or experience in industry.
If interested please complete on-line application: www.BenchmarkHS/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.