House Manager – Swedesboro, NJ
Category: Group Homes
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people who are just like you! Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. We are seeking a qualified and caring person to work as a House Manager in Swedesboro.
- Coordinate and manage the operation of a community residence. Supervise staff and provide a meaningful day for the individuals served.
- Supervises, trains and provides guidance to the staff in accordance with state and federal regulations, Benchmark personnel policies, and the residential policy and procedure manual.
- Serves as the coordinator of each individual’s Individual Habilitation Plan (IHP) and Person Centered Plan (ELP).
- Participates in direct service for each individual served.
- Completes daily, weekly, monthly and yearly documentation as required by Benchmark and state and federal regulations. Maintains in-home files for the individual’s served according to standards and protocol established.
- Facilitates all repairs and required maintenance of the individual’s home.
- Responsible for following individual’s budgets. Assists the individual’s served in maintaining Medicaid eligibility by scheduling and attending all Medicaid appointments and providing proper documentation.
- Communicates professionally with families, Case Manager, Behaviorist, health care personnel, schools, landlords, employers, etc.
- Participates in Manager’s meetings, team meetings and other departmental meetings, IHP, ELP, IEP, IDT meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Is able to implement training programs as specified in each individual’s IHP, BSP.
- Complies with behavior support policies and procedures and implements approved behavior support programs.
- Participates in the hiring and discipline of assigned staff.
- Ensures proper medication/treatment administration and assists in meeting the individual’s health care needs.
- Schedules and assists individuals in all medical appointments and procedures. Ensures proper follow up is completed.
- Plans and implements community-based, age appropriate, recreational activities for the individuals served.
- Implements required training protocol for new and existing staff.
- Responds appropriately and promptly to on-call situations.
- Complies with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and individuals served.
- Reports all Unusual Incidents (i.e., suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation) to supervisor.
- Will perform all duties necessary to meet state approved objectives, including the requirement that the employee cooperate with Benchmark Human Services and staff from the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) as well as the Department of Children and Families (DCF) in any inspection or investigation.
- Remain current in training offered by DDD (CPR/SFA) as well as those offered by Benchmark.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associates or bachelor degree preferred.
- Five years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Driver’s license valid in the State of New Jersey and auto insurance
- Criminal background clearance; and Clearance through Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. N.J.A.C. 10:44D.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Incentive Bonuses
Salary Position: $44k/yearly
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers