Group Home- Registered Nurse
Location: South Bend, IN
Category: Group Homes
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Benchmark has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services and day services. Registered nurses, start or rejuvenate your career at Benchmark with our new student loan and tuition reimbursement programs. You can earn up to $20,000.00 to help pay student loans or tuition costs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct monitoring, assessment, and staff training of health care services including, specific interventions, treatment protocols, improvement of health care outcomes, etc.
- Function as a liaison and advocate for individuals served when dealing with physicians, psychiatrists, hospitals, and consultants including RD, OT, PT, SLP, etc.
- Provide on-going health care training to Benchmark staff as required by state and federal regulations, and Benchmark group home policy and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining prior authorizations or obtaining medications and treatments covered by individual served insurance plan or approved contractors.
- Responsible for scheduling and responding to quarterly pharmacy reviews.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly paperwork and assessments of individuals served health care needs.
- Provide guidance during client emergency medical situations.
- Monitor and maintain clients’ medical file to ensure that all documentation is current.
- Facilitate communication between all medical services providers, IDT, and supervisor to ensure quality of care.
- Attend all agency, departmental, and client specific meetings, including client appointments as directed.
- Provide on-call services to designated group homes.
- Order competitively priced medical supplies using established formularies.
- Comply with all State and Federal nursing standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients served.
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Up to $20,000 for student loans and tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Profit Share
- Experience in long term care/community nursing preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness.
- Valid State Nursing License and Driver’s License.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers