Direct Support Professional
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Category: Supported Living
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected leaders in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children, and day services. Our Indianapolis, Indiana Supported Living Program is recruiting for Direct Support Professionals. Flexible schedule, full-time and part-time available for 2nd and 3rd shift!
- Ensure the safety of individuals at home and in the community.
- Assist the individuals served with daily living skills including, but not limited to individual care, community safety, social skills, and household tasks such as meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Administer medications and follow physician’s’ orders concerning medications and treatments.
- Monitor the general well-being of the individual served and follow supervisor/nurse instructions, including all healthcare appointments.
- Provide information to supervisors regarding individuals served as applicable to each individual.
- Attend required trainings and meetings such as staff training, departmental trainings, and house meetings.
- Safely transport individuals served according to their physical or behavioral needs. Transportation maybe in a company or employee owned vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive wages.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Life insurance.
- 401k plan with company match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Employee discounts with various vendors.
- Advancement opportunities.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
Interested candidates should apply at http://Benchmarkhs.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.