Category: Group Homes
HIRING FOR ALL SHIFTS – FULL-TIME and PART-TIME
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping individuals with disabilities live as independent as possible and become involved in their community, consider choosing a career as a direct support professional with Benchmark Human Services. Expect thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
We offer competitive wages including performance bonuses, opportunities for career advancement, and full/part-time openings for all shifts, including weekends! Benefits include medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and sick time, referral bonuses, and relocation opportunities.
Provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities served in a community residence. Assists people served in expanding their opportunities to participate in community life as they choose. Assists people in learning new skills and having new life experiences.
Include but not limited to:
- Ensure the individual’s health and safety while pursuing community opportunities for personal growth.
- Work proactively to achieve outcomes identified in the individual’s IHP/ELP.
- Assist the person served in personal and household maintenance.
- Assist the person served in accessing community resources, shopping, and recreational activities.
- Administer medication and assist the nurse in meeting individual’s health care needs.
- Assist the person served to acquire, retain or improve skills as identified in the IHP/ELP.
- Complete necessary documentation accurately and on time (ex., daily logs, critical incident logs, med sheets, goal sheets, etc.).
- Attend required meetings, i.e., house meetings, staff meetings, individual’s IHP/ELP meetings, etc.
- Must report all Unusual Incidents (i.e., suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation) immediately to supervisor.
- Maintain documentation, certification and training as required to comply with federal, state and program requirements and standards.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Must have a driver’s license valid in the State of New Jersey and auto insurance;
- One to two years experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred but not required
- Must be able to follow oral or written instructions and complete required documentation; must be able to complete and pass all agency and required trainings both initially and annually.
- Criminal background clearance; and
- Clearance through Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, N.J.A.C. 10:44D
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If interested apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.