***pay Increase***direct Support Professional (Dsp/cna/care Giver/home Health Aide) Group Homes – Bridgewater/branchburg, Nj
Wage: Up To $15.75
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people who are just like you! Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. We are seeking a qualified and caring person to work as a Direct Support Professional in Branchburg. Successful applicants will attend paid training to obtain require certifications. No experience is necessary, learn on-the-job. Great opportunity for those with hospitality or service backgrounds and for those looking for temporary work.
- Provide support and assistance to individuals served who have developmental disabilities.
- Assist individuals served in expanding their opportunities to participate in community life as they choose.
- Assist individuals in learning and maintaining skills, having new life experiences and respond to behaviors utilizing positive behavior supports.
- Provide training to individuals served in all identified areas and function as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Must be willing to flex schedule according to the needs of the individuals served.
- Participate proactively, for each individual, as part of an interdisciplinary team in the development and implementation of individual plans to achieve identified outcomes.
- Ensure the individual’s health and safety at home and in the community.
- Assist the individual served to acquire, retain or improve skills as identified in the individual’s ISP.
- Assist the individual served with daily living skills, including but not limited to individual care, community safety, social skills, and household tasks such as meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for individuals served.
- Practice, assist individuals, and participate in safety drills as scheduled.
- Plan, participate and assist the individual served. in accessing community resources, volunteering, shopping, and age-appropriate recreational, therapeutic and training activities.
- Administer medications and follow physicians’ orders concerning medications and treatments.
- Monitor the general well-being of the individual served and follow supervisor/nurse instructions, including all healthcare appointments.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Communicate to nurse and supervisor health issues and concerns as they arise regarding individuals served.
- Provide communication to supervisors regarding individuals served, about their home, day program or work related needs, as applicable to each individual.
- Complete proper documentation relating to the healthcare of individuals served, including MARs, doctor visit forms, healthcare notes, etc.
- Implement all protocols for individuals including, but not limited to: high risk plans, behavior support plans, dining plans, seizure management plans, positioning schedules, fall risk plans, etc., as applicable to each individual.
- Follow dining plan policies, and assist individuals served, in preparing and safely eating nutritious meals according to their dining plan.
- Complete all required programmatic documentation accurately and on time, including but not limited to, daily documentation, injury/illness reports, ISP data sheets, notable occurrences, etc. as required by Benchmark, state, and federal regulations.
- Attend required trainings and meetings such as staff annual training, departmental meetings/trainings, house meetings, etc.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head. Communicate all reportable incidents immediately to supervisor.
- Provide receipts to supervisor for expenditures of individuals served, use of petty cash, etc. as applicable.
- Maintain employment-required documentation including but not limited to first aid, CPR, Medication Administration, and behavior management training, as required to comply with federal, state and program requirements and standards.
- Safely transport individuals served according to their physical or behavioral needs. Transportation maybe in a Company owned vehicle or a vehicle owned by the employee.
- Report to work as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and complete required written documentation.
- The knowledge that some individuals may act out in an aggressive manner resulting with employees being hit, bit, kicked, and other forms of physical aggression such as property destruction
- The ability to understand aggressive behavior may be a form of communication or reaction to uncontrollable events in the individual’s life.
- Ability and skill to implement behavior support techniques as outlined in their behavioral support plan.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Access to vehicle in good operating order
- Minimum eighteen (18) years of age
- Competitive Wages Based on Experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement Opportunities
- Incentive Bonuses
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.Benchmarkhs.com/careers or email resume to Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org