Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Location: South Bend, IN
Category: Group Homes
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. Our South Bend office is seeking qualified and caring people to work as a Direct Support Professional (DSP, CNA, caregiver, home health aide). Our clients in our Group Homes vary in needs, most of them requiring medical care. Successful applicants will attend paid training to obtain required certifications. No experience is necessary, learn on-the-job!
- Ensure a safe and clean home for people served
- Develop a positive rapport while serving as a role model to create a safe and caring environment
- Plan, participate and assist the individual served. in accessing community resources, volunteering, shopping, and age-appropriate recreational, therapeutic and training activities.
- Administer medications and follow physicians’ orders concerning medications and treatments.
- Monitor the general well-being of the individual served and follow supervisor/nurse instructions, including all healthcare appointments.
- Teach goals to those served that increase their independence such as recreation, how to cook, how to do laundry and other daily living skills
- Work independent or with co-workers to enhance the growth of individuals served
- Participate in on-going professional training
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Discount Program
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible hours (part-time, full time, weekends)
- Reliable transportation
- Valid auto insurance and driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.