Developmental Therapy Specialist
Location: Fairfax, VA
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services and day services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment of developmental need to assist in determining eligibility for services
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development.
- Include direct activities with the child designed to enhance the child’s development in one or more domains, including: cognition, adaptive functions, social/emotional skills, motor development and communication.
- Promote activities in the “natural setting” to enhance implementation of the IFSP.
- Complete necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources. (i.e., Medicaid, First Steps, etc.).
- Comply with First Steps Provider Agreement with regard to continuing education, etc.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external entities
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Baccalaureate and/or Masters and/or Doctorate degree in special education, deaf education, elementary education, early childhood or Child Development, Licensed as Registered Nurse, or related field with special education teaching license and 12 months supervised early intervention experience.
- Meets criteria for First Steps Provider Enrollment.
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities