Chief Operating Officer
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services (Benchmark) is a national provider of human services including programs for the developmental disability and behavioral health fields along with related consulting services. Benchmark is poised to expand operations and is accepting applications for the a new leadership role, Chief Operating Officer (COO). While the ideal work location for the position is Fort Wayne, IN, candidates from any location will be considered. The COO will be responsible for the overall fiscal and programmatic management of residential waiver, day services, employment, ICF/IID, home health, case management, children services and behavioral health throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fiscal stability and long-term financial health of field operations.
- Developing and implementing long-term corporate strategy, which maximize opportunities in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure quantity and quality of services delivered by the designated areas of responsibility are geared to the needs of the communities served.
- Ensures corporate compliance, risk management, and quality programs are implemented, followed and change is driven by data and outcome measurements.
- Promote the corporate culture among employees. This is accomplished by articulating and implementing corporate principles which are consistent with the mission of the agency.
- Travel for operational visits and to participate in training.
- Be an active participate in internal committees and work groups.
- Be an active participant on board of directors (LLC, AWRC, HomePointe Healthcare).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of waiver, day services, employment, ICF/IID, home health, case management, children services and behavioral health regulations, standards and organization policies and procedures in all markets.
- Knowledge of health care privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Knowledge of person-centered care and support for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Must possess & demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Skillful in use of computers & general office equipment.
- Skillful in working with people from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Skillful in interpersonal communications.
- Skilled in managing, supporting, and directing staff to attain stated goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage program budget.
- Ability to manage multiple direct reports with varying educational and experience levels.
- Ability to make decisions based on data and organizational goals.
- Ability to be forward thinking and entrepreneurial.
- A Master’s Degree in a human service or business field.
- A minimum of five (5) years in administrative experience in rehabilitation services.
- Experience in managing a business unit in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience with intellectual & developmental disabilities, behavioral health and children’s services preferred.
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive Bonus
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount Program