Case Manager – South Dakota (Southeast Region)
Location: South Dakota
Category: Case Management
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Provide resources and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and guardians in order for the individual to be included in society, live as independently as possible and function at their maximum potential. The focus of the position is to provide services to individuals with intellectual disabilities with the goal of linking individuals and their families to resources to ensure the individuals overall health, safety and well-being.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow all policies and procedures set forth by the company, South Dakota Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities, Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) rules.
2. Perform evaluations and assessments to meet the needs of individuals served.
3. Assist individuals served with applying for financial assistance, residential planning, vocational, recreational and educational desires, healthcare, in home supports, day services, legal, nutrition, transportation, social, and other related services and resources.
4. Advocate for services that will support the individual’s success.
5. Maintain all case records.
6. Prepare, update and monitor person centered plans including utilization of discovery through Charting the LifeCourse and Person Centered Thinking (PCT) Tools.
7. Provide support to individuals so they can participate in and direct the person centered plan development process.
8. Coordinate meetings with individual, families and guardians, and members of the interdisciplinary team as required.
9. Establish and maintain positive relationships with individual, families, guardians, state officials and team members.
10. Record work and billing time in accordance with company policies.
11. Track, monitor and enter specified data points.
12. Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
13. Other duties as assigned.
14. Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
15. Report to work as scheduled.
Qualifications: A degree in the human services field is preferred or a minimum of 2 years working in health or human services. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and maintain auto insurance. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills and travel may be expected. Candidates are required to pass a drug screening and a thorough background history will be completed. If interested apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers/South Dakota. Benchmark Human Services in an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.