Certified Medical Assistant
Location: South Bend, IN
Category: Supported Living
Wage: Up To $15.00
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Benchmark has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services and day services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor compliance with the medication and health services policies and procedures.
- Monitor safety of individuals served with special emphasis to the tracking and prevention of medication errors. This includes assisting with statistics for the presentation to the Safety Committee.
- Support people being served to identify any questions or concerns they may have regarding their medical care, appointments, medications, etc.
- Interact with individuals in an emotionally supportive and therapeutic manner, and practice effective techniques for reinforcing appropriate individual behavior.
- Maintain medical files and assist the nurses with distribution of any updated information for the medical file.
- Maintain the inventory of medical and nursing forms, and order supplies as necessary
- Assist with data entry as needed.
- Assist with medical appointment scheduling.
- Initiate the required medical forms to document appointments.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Profit Share
- College education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferably in the field of medical or services to developmental disabilities.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers Open Job
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.