Location: Alexandria, VA
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services, a national leader committed to providing quality services to individuals with disabilities is hiring for the Early Intervention Program in Alexandria, VA. We are actively seeking applicants for a Speech Language Pathologists. Ideal candidates will be licensed in their chosen profession and will be eager to provide home – based early intervention therapy services to infants and toddlers who are at risk for developmental disabilities.
Benchmark Early Intervention Program is looking for an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to work approximately 10+ hours per week providing early intervention services for children 0-3 with various developmental delays in the Alexandria, Virginia area.
This part time position address functional needs of the child (Birth – 3 years) in various developmental domains, particularly related to physical development, sensory, motor and postural development. Work involves developmental screening/ assessment, physical therapy, and consultation with family members and other professionals working with the family.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops joint plan with family and recommends strategies utilizing evidence based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices
- Implements IFSP for enrolled families and recommends frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns
- Assessment of children’s developmental needs for individualized planning
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development
- Include direct activities with the child designed to enhance the child’s development in one or more domains, including: cognition, adaptive functions, social/emotional skills, physical development and communication
- Adaption of the environment to meet child/family needs in play, language and communication development.
- Promote activities in the “natural setting” to enhance implementation of the IFSP
- Complete necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources
- Attends mandatory in-service training sessions and monthly team meetings
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Commonwealth of Virginia Notice of Child and Family Rights and Safeguards.
- Driver’s license
- Master Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Licensed by the State of Virginia
- Part- C Early Intervention Certification required
- Meets degree requirements and criteria for Speech Language Pathologist as outlined in Virginia Early Intervention Practice Manual.
- Detail orientated, self-motivated and will possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to collaborate and work with team members from various disciplines in order to best advocate for needs of the families and children they service.
- Prefer some experience working with birth to 3 population
- Knowledge about best practices for service delivery in early intervention
- Demonstrates a commitment to Natural Learning Environment Practices
If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Open Job